The Heart Hospital
The most advanced in the region for treating chest pain and heat attacks
St. Joseph's/Candler is the leading provider of diagnostic and therapeutic minimally invasive cardiac procedures in the region, serving more than 3,500 patients each year. We offer all cardiovascular services except heart transplant. The Heart Hospital provides the community with a blend of highly qualified and competent physicians and staff, cutting-edge technology, and a commitment to compassionate, quality care.
The Heart Hospital is the first in the region to earn Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI from the Society of Cardiovascualr Patient Care. This accreditation shows our commitment to getting the fastest and best treatment to chest pain and heart attack patient. Read more here.
Cardiovascular services include:
- full diagnostic and therapeutic treatment options including medical cardiology, diagnostic and interventional cardiology, and cardiovascular and vascular surgery
- primary and secondary preventive services, including cardiac disease screenings, risk reduction and wellness programs, and cardiac rehabilitation.
The Heart Hospital provides our patients the benefits of combining the latest technology with dedicated units and staff to treat cardiovascular illness. The Heart Hospital features:
- three new state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization labs
- a dedicated electrophysiology lab
- echocardiogram and electrocardiogram (ECG, EKG) rooms
- cardiovascular operating rooms featuring the latest surgical technology with a dedicated, highly specialized cardiovascular surgical team to support cardiothoracic, peripheral vascular surgical procedures, including traditional and beating heart/off pump, coronary artery bypass grafting, endoscopic vein harvesting and coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- an endovascular suite filled with some of the most advanced imaging and endovascular equipment in the world, which enhances patient care through better diagnostic capabilities and treatment options for individuals with peripheral vascular disease
- state-of-the-art technology, including a cardiovascular picture archival communication system (PACS), which allows physicians unprecedented and secure access to review and report cardiac images from any location (this creates more timely collaborative consultation among physicians thus providing optimal and timely decision-making for patient care)
- a Catheterization Recovery Unit (CRU) for patients requiring short but focused care after an invasive procedure. It is staffed with qualified cardiac nurses that specialize in diagnostic and interventional cardiac care, and assist patients in reducing cardiac risk factors by focusing on recovery and patient education
- a Coronary Care Unit, our intensive critical care environment, includes experienced, certified critical-care nurses at the bedside who are also committed to calming patient's fears and anxieties
- a Progressive Care Unit, which provides a collaborative approach with our entire team working together toward your recovery.
We support patients undergoing procedures to evaluate and treat cardiac and peripheral disease by offering ease-of-access front-door entry with an exclusive registration area, a dedicated family waiting area, impressive consultation rooms, non-invasive testing options and a dedicated outpatient unit for post-procedure care.
For a physician referral to The Heart Hospital, call St. Joseph's/Candler CareCall at (800) 622-6877.